Friday, January 22, 2016

audio reading from The Messengers

This is my voice (the author) reading from the book The Messengers. I read the foreword, as well as two short sub-chapters. It runs about 17 minutes. I took it upon myself to read aloud and record it as a short audio file because of my voice. I've had a chest cold over the last week or so, and my normally squeaky voice is much lower. Add to that, I played with the garageband sound equalizer and sort of went overboard. 

 17 minute audio excerpt from The Messengers linked HERE 

Just so folks know, there is an audio book in the works, but there's no foreseeable date for it's availability. What you are hearing on this MP3 might sound okay, but I spent hours editing my own mumbling. My plan is to eventually get around to recording this book myself, then make it available as an audio book.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Mike -
I haven't had the chance to read your book yet -- but I WILL. However, there was an interesting caption to an illustration in a Wall Street Journal article today on the artist Heironymus Bosch, who died 500 years ago:
"Owls, a symbol of evil and stupidity in Bosch’s time, appear frequently in his work."
I don't know if this interpretation of owls is mentioned in your book, but it's certainly not the way we think of them nowadays.
-Joan

Anonymous said...

Well read Mike and nice addition of yo la tengo ( I think ) into the ending.

Coryn said...

Hello Mike, I am a new reader of your blog and I really enjoyed listening to this audio. I've been browsing this blog a lot recently, and all the things about owls interest me a lot. I'm constantly looking forward to new content.